We are seeking a suitable person to help us with the publication of Peppard News. If you are computer literate and would like to join our small and friendly Editorial Team of volunteers using DTP software to produce Peppard News we would like to hear from you. All software will be provided and full training and support given.
The job description is set out below and you can phone Rita Hadgkiss for more information on 01491 629996.
PEPPARD NEWS PUBLICATIONS
Job Description: Layout Editor
Objective: To compile Peppard News using desktop publishing software. Peppard News is a quarterly 16 A4 page local community newsletter using articles submitted by numerous contributors and is delivered free to all households within the parish boundary of Rotherfield Peppard.
- To be a member of the Peppard News Editorial team.
- To attend quarterly team meetings
- To receive articles submitted by contributors in electronic format normally in Microsoft Word but also in other formats, e.g. as part of an e-mail.
- Edit all articles into a uniform format in preparation for a Desktop publishing package, e.g. Microsoft Publisher.
- Edit all articles according to Peppard News editorial format and standards,
e.g. dates as Saturday 27th February, names in italics, etc.
- Convert all photographs to black and white with the exception of the front page photograph.
- Using a standard template, compile Peppard News fitting all articles into the appropriate category. Due to space constraints, decisions frequently need to be made on articles to be included if Peppard News is over-subscribed. The Layout Editor can consult the other members of the Editorial Team if in any doubt. Articles frequently have to be edited when compiling to enable them to fit into the allotted space.
- Convert the finished first draft into a PDF file.
- Send the completed first draft as a PDF file to other members of the Editorial Team inviting comment, amendments and corrections. Make the amendments accordingly.
- Send the final version as a PDF file to the printers.
Initially, it is estimated that the above will take four to five days for each quarterly issue.
With practice this time will be reduced.
Software will be provided and full training and support will be given.
Chairman: Rita Hadgkiss, Dove Cottage, Stoke Row Road, Kingwood, RG9 5NG Secretary: Jennifer Smith, Treasurer: Hilda Garnham, Advertising Manager: Ian Fraser e-mail: email@example.com Website: www.PeppardNews.co.uk