Please come and visit the library – but be prepared for some changes:
- You need to sanitise your hands at the door, fill in an NHS Test and Trace form, and wear a mask (unless exempt for health reasons)
- If the library happens to be busy, you might have to wait at the door: visitor numbers are limited to maintain social distancing.
- All returned books will be put in a box by the door and quarantined for at least 72 hours before being discharged and shelved
- There is a one-way system, with the exit at the far end of the library, down the steps
- You are free to browse – but please limit your visit to 30 minutes
- Please remember to bring your library card
- There are only 2 computers available – again limited to 30 minutes use
- All books which were taken out before lockdown have had their due dates extended into October – bring them back ASAP!
- The dropbox for returns is now open
- If books were overdue before lockdown you still need to pay fines on them, but the lockdown months will not be counted
- There have been slight changes to opening hours – check on the website (www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/libraries) or in the library for details
There are no extra activities at the moment: no Storytimes or Rhymetimes, no Reading Group, Scrabble Club or Craft Group, and no Digital Helper sessions. I don’t know when they will be allowed to resume.
But we have plenty of new books, and we can get books in from other libraries for you – and the reservation fee has gone down to £1.15!
So do come in, even if it’s just to say hello and welcome back – Annabel and I will be delighted to see you.