We are fortunate to live in an area with so much open space and numerous footpaths enabling us to enjoy it to the full.
We are also lucky in having so many readers that are willing to share their favourite walk or cycle ride with us.
Please click on the title below to view details.
- David Overbury’s walk is a circular route from All Saint’s Church of 2.5 miles taking about 1 hour with midium difficulty.
- Sue Howman’s walk is from the Red Lion PH to Greys Court returning via a different route. It takes about 2.5 hours. Sue also describs a shorter version of this walk.
- Angela & Eric Davison start from Stoke Row Road towards Blounts Court and across the fields to All Saints Church over the common to Colliers Lane and down towards the Unicorn PH but turn left before then back to your starting point. In all, about 3 miles
- Phil Clark enjoys a relatively easy walk of about 5 miles and taking just under 2 hours. The walk is circular starting at the Unicorn PH going down Wyfold Lane past Neal’s Farm and follow the way markers until you reach the Cherry Tree PH. Continue towards the Crooked Billet, past the sports ground on your right and back to the start.
- Colin Garnham’s ride takes in Sonning Common, Kidmore End, Goring Heath and Goring on to Woodcote, Checkendon, Stoke Row and back to the start in Peppard.
- Marcus Troth’s ride is about 17.5 miles and starts in Caversham. From there ride to Mapledurham, Whitchurch, Goring and on to Cray’s Pond. Go on to Goring Heath, Trench Green Chazey Heath and back into Caversham.
- Colin Garnham’s cycle ride is along a section of Sustrans UK network running from Sonning Common via Horsepond Road,Wyfold Road and Lane on to Busgrove Lane and Garson’s Hill. This section is about 5.5 miles.
- Matthew Davis’ ride is about 15 miles, and much is off road making use of the bridlepaths. The Mongewell Loop is a circular ride from Peppard to Nuffield and back.