Sonning Common Bike Ride
On Your Bike is a feel-good family cycle ride along Sonning Common’s leafy lanes. Sunday 29th March 2020: please arrive by 10am for a 10.30am start
On Your Bike is open to everyone, regardless of age or ability, as it’s a ride, not a race! How far? You choose: 6, 12 or 20 miles. There is also a supervised playground cycle for youngsters who are still a bit wobbly on their wheels.
One hundred percent of all entry fees are shared between Sonning Common Primary School PTA and chosen local charities. This years charity is Greenshoots, a local Peppard based charity helping those with learning and physical disabilities.
- The ride is affordable and accessible to all and is not a race.
- It is staged on a weekend day, ideally in Spring but could also be early summer or autumn.
- 100% of the entry fees charged goes to the charities.
- Each year a charity is nominated to receive a percentage of the monies raised, the balance going to the school PTA (also a charity).
- The event is funded entirely through donations, sponsorship and volunteer support.
- The event is organised and staged by a sub-group of the PTA and volunteers within the community.
- The route ideally starts and finishes at school and uses quiet roads avoiding busy routes and junctions. It is fully marked and marshalled on all key junctions. It is pre-checked by local police. Route options offer a simpler, shorter route for younger cyclists and a longer more challenging option for those more experienced. Ideally routes interconnect. If possible, a supervised playground cycle enables those on stabilisers to practise safely.
- A halfway point offers refreshments to riders.
- All under 16s are under the supervision of an adult.
- First aid, bike recovering and technical support to be in place
If you would like to enter the event, please visit http://www.onyourbikesonningcommon.co.uk – entry is £5.00 per person in advance and £10.00 on the day.